Welcome to Mrs. V's Grade 6 class' homework page! Here you will find daily homework, our class calendar, reminders and other important information. Stay tuned!
These are our classroom rules:
1. I will enter the classroom in an appropriate manner.
2. I will have the materials I need to do my work.
3. I will listen attentively for instructions.
4. I will get my materials out quickly and quietly.
5. I will stay on task for prolonged periods of time,
6. I will ensure that my conversations are respectful and relevant to the task at hand.
7. I will move around the room purposefully.
8. I will make an effort to help my peers in a productive way.
9. I will avoid long distance conversations.
10. I will avoid hurting other people's feelings.
11. I will ask permission to leave the classroom.
12. I will make positive contributions to my class and my school.
13. I will make SAFE, SMART and SENSITIVE decisions.
14. I will respect the property of others, including materials and technology I borrow from my teacher and my school.
15. I will accept responsibility for my actions if I violate the conditions of this contract, which has been designed in my best interests.
Each week, I will be keeping track of the students' ability to follow the classroom rules. Once a student has received 3 warnings for a particular behaviour (for example: being off-task), I will contact their parent(s)/guardian(s), either in writing or through a phone call. The student will also be part of this communication process, in order to work with myself and his/her parents in setting goals to avoid this type of behaviour. Repeated incidences may necessitate a meeting with the student, the parents and myself to create a plan of action to help the student succeed in our classroom.